If you are in urgent need of medical care , please call 911 .
If you require health care advice for a non-urgent concern , call HealthLink BC at 811.
Other emergency contacts:
- Ambulance, fire, police : 911
If you need immediate emergency help.
- BC Drug and Poison Information Centre : 1.800.567.8911
Offers a 24-hour telephone information service which provides immediate information about the effects of drugs and poisons and treatment to health care providers and the general public. A toll-free number is staffed by nurses, pharmacists and physicians.
- HealthLink BC : Anywhere in BC: 8-1-1
TTY (Deaf and hearing-impaired): 7-1-1
- Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention Centre : 1-800-SUICIDE (784-2433) (Deaf or hearing-impaired: 1-866-872-0113 )
Confidential, non-judgmental, free emotional support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including feelings which may lead to suicide.
- Kids Help Phone : 1. 800.668.6868
Immediate and caring support, information and, if necessary, referral to a local community or social service agency.
- Youth in BC Distress Line : 1.866.661.3311
24-Hour Distress Line staffed by counsellors and trained volunteers who are committed to helping youths in crisis.
- Problem Gambling Help Line : 1.888.795.6111 (Deaf and hard of hearing callers call collect: 604.875.0885 )
The Problem Gambling Help Line is a province-wide information and referral service for anyone who is adversely affected by their own, or another's gambling habits.
Emergency Mental Health Services
After hours Mental Health Services provides emotional support for individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. Will provide referrals and links with community resources. For life-threatening situations, please call 9-1-1.
After hours of operation:
- Monday to Friday: 4:30-11:00pm
- Weekends and holidays: 1:00-11:00pm
Trained volunteers provide 24-hour telephone support and crisis intervention counselling, seven days a week.
604.951.8855 or toll-free 1.877.820.7444
Alcohol and Drug Information Referral
- Local: 604-660-9382
- Toll-free line: 1-800-663-1441
24-hour free telephone service provides information about province-wide addictions services.